The Landes Theater Innsbruck was built in the year 1629 by architect Christoph Gumpp. Christoph Gumpp was inspired by the Italian theaters in Firenze and Parma. The building was opened as “Comedihaus”. In the years 1945/46 the “Comedihaus” receives it’s todays name “Landestheater Innsbruck”. The director Mr. Pless opens the new Landestheater with the stage play “Wiener Blut” from Johann Strauss for American soldiers.